Wednesday, April 27, 2011

...returning home

The best part of getting away, is returning home.




Khloe is 19 months and the longest I had ever been away from her was for one night. Until this last weekend! I attended a dear friend's Bachelorette party in Las Vegas and was away from my little buggy bear for 2 full days and nights. Although Vegas is a wonderful distraction, I have to say, I thought of her at least once an hour. Being there with 2 other new mommies, we spent our down time sharing pictures that the daddies were sending us. We had to keep reassuring ourselves that "this is good for them." :) I left one day earlier than the rest of the bunch because I just could not imagine missing out on Khloe hunting for Easter baskets, and all dressed up for Easter weekend. And let me tell you, the feeling a mom gets when she sees her baby after two days away is overwhelming! It is the most joyous moment! Seeing that little smile and hearing "MOMMA" is simply the sweetest. Your heart floods with love, and you can not ever imagine leaving them again.

Saturday before Easter was spent at the August's house with all of my family there too! Khloe found 3 Easter baskets in "The hunt" and the bunny delivered an overflowing one just for her. We went to church on Sunday at Arco Arena. Bayside pulled out all the stops, and it was one memorable church service!


What a weekend! What a life! We are so blessed.


xoxo


~Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment