Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby Doc Updates

Saw the doctor yesterday.
Everything is healthy with the baby and he says that I am doing incredibly well! I have gained 12 pounds and he said the average pregnant woman has usually gained 15-17 by this point in the pregnancy. That made me happy because I sure do feel like a tank! :) Blood pressure is excellent, uterus is growing at a good rate, and baby's heart beat is strong and loud.
He eased my mind about getting an intra-thecal rather than an epidural so it looks like I will be delivering at Sierra Nevada after all.
I am also starting to like Dr. Rutherford! He was being cool yesterday and he shared with me that he was a doctor for the airforce for a very long time (probably explains his colder demenor).
One bit of bad news...he firmly suggests that I DO NOT go on the free trip I won to the Dopminican Republic. He said it is just too long of a flight and the risk for getting blood clots in my legs is just too high! Dang. Oh well, my health and the baby's health is what is important!

1 comment:

  1. More pictures, more pictures! Thanks for blogging, Sab...I forgot about the blog until your email, but got all caught up and am SO excited to see you in a couple weekends! woooo! belly!

    ReplyDelete